This eleventh featured post in A Series of Classroom Connections comes to us from the English Language Arts classroom of Shelleyann Keelean at Parcells Middle School.
Having Apple TV and an iPad in our classroom has been wonderful. It has given students new opportunities for publishing their work.
8th Grade English
We have had the opportunity to use the iPad to film short stories, which students acted out, created from the Chronicles of Harris Burdick by Chris Van Allsburg.
Our 8th grade research project was enhanced with the availability of the iPad in the classroom, because even when we couldn’t get into a computer lab, students could still research and present in the classroom.
8th Grade Honors English
- During our persuasive writing unit students got to research their topics and give presentations through the IPad and Apple TV
- During our debate unit we were able to video tape and critic our debates. It was wonderful for students to be able to see themselves presenting (they learned a lot about their presentation techniques).
- We are currently performing Shakespeare’s A Midsummer Night’s Dream. The students wanted to perform the play with costumes and props. We decided to film it with the IPad and it has been interesting and entertaining! We’re having a fantastic time learning about Shakespeare and dissecting the language, the IPad has been an amazing resource with apps and websites for the students to access.
Latest posts by Gary G Abud Jr (see all)
- Being Michigan Teacher of the Year: Reflections On a Three-Year Ripple Effect in Teaching - May 16, 2016
- ASCC 13: How to Sell a Colony in 30 Days - August 25, 2015
- Michigan Students to See Shorter Standardized Tests in 2016 - August 21, 2015