Here’s how it works:Each Friday, the NYT posts a news photo in their series, and then the following Tuesday reveals more information about the image. After you’ve selected an image from their weekly archives, display the image for students to see. Then, ask them to think-pair-share on the prompts below:
- What’s going on in this picture?
- What do you see that makes you say that?
- What more can you find?
Click here to see all the images in the series. There are enough images to use this bellringer as often as you want!
Latest posts by Gary G Abud Jr (see all)
- Being Michigan Teacher of the Year: Reflections On a Three-Year Ripple Effect in Teaching - May 16, 2016
- ASCC 13: How to Sell a Colony in 30 Days - August 25, 2015
- Michigan Students to See Shorter Standardized Tests in 2016 - August 21, 2015