This guest post comes from the talented Laura Fleming (@NMHS_lms) and is cross-posted on her World’s of Learning blog. Laura has graciously created a digital badging opportunity for educators who’d like to engage in some great radio-based professional learning regularly over the summer.
Summer Learning Opportunities From BAM! Radio Network Shows
For many educators, summer is the perfect time to focus on professional learning. Taking ownership of your professional learning through meaningful learning opportunities is exactly what the team at BAM Radio Network has available for you through their new summer learning series. BAM Radio is the largest education radio network in the world offering programming from the nation’s top education organizations and thought leaders and reaching a wide audience of people passionately committed to quality education.
Available for educators this summer, they have a group of new programs the span the educational spectrum. As of now, these shows include:
- HookED, with educators Matt Miller and Jed Dearybury, who connect with educators who are truly engaging their students and getting them HookED in the classroom.
- Teachers of the Year Radio is hosted by teachers of the year themselves. Gary Abud and Steve Perkins share ten minutes each week with some of the country’s best educators, learning about the latest and greatest in teaching, leading, and learning.
- The Maker Movement is the focus of Movers and Makers, hosted by myself and my co-host, educator Travis Lape.
- Author and education consultant Rae Pica hosts Studentricity, offering strategies for teaching with students at the center.
- Ed.Got Game! has been launched with new hosts teacher/author Matthew Farber and game-based learning teacher Michael Matera, who bring gaming to the classroom with intriguing guests.
- EdChat New Zealand, connecting New Zealand educators with host connected educator Danielle Myburgh.
- Author Barbara Blackburn hosts Rigor Made Easy, getting to the core of what rigor is and what it isn’t and how it can be implemented in the classroom.
- Gwen Pescatore and Lisa Davis, parent leaders, who shed light in learning from the parent’s side of education in ParentED.
- Elissa Malespina and Shannon McClintock Miller are teacher-librarians who go Beyond Books, transforming teaching and learning.
Earn Your BAM! Radio Professional Learning Badge!
Earn this badge by listening to any of these fantastic shows and providing me with a plan that puts your learnings into action. Describe your plan below, or create a document or use any other tool you would like that outlines your plan. Your plan should state clearly how you will put your learnings into practice!
Now is the time to take control of your own professional learning!
Have a great summer!
Latest posts by Gary G Abud Jr (see all)
- Being Michigan Teacher of the Year: Reflections On a Three-Year Ripple Effect in Teaching - May 16, 2016
- ASCC 13: How to Sell a Colony in 30 Days - August 25, 2015
- Michigan Students to See Shorter Standardized Tests in 2016 - August 21, 2015